- recognise you whenever you visit this website
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and to help us better understand our visitor requirements and interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Types of cookies
Cookies are either session cookies (which are only stored for the duration of your visit to this website and are deleted from your device when your browsing session ends) or persistent cookies (which are saved on your device for a fixed period).
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. Without these cookies, parts of our websites would not function. These cookies do not track where you have been on the internet and do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes.
- • Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. Web analytics services may be designed and operated by third parties. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. The information is anonymous, so we cannot identify you personally, and it is only used for statistical purposes.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to remember your preferences on our websites and to provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is usually anonymous, so we cannot identify you personally. Functional cookies do not track your internet usage or gather information which could be used for selling advertising, but they do help with serving advertising.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
Third party cookies
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.